The Senate Transportation Committee conducted its final interim hearing on August 27, 2018, to hear testimony on the following interim charge:
Toll Road Penalties: Review penalty practices employed by toll authorities throughout the state and make recommendations to improve customer service and eliminate unjustified penalties.
Chairman Robert Nichols (R-Jacksonville) invited the following representatives of toll authorities to provide testimony on their entities toll penalty practices:
- Mike Heiligenstein, Executive Director (Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority)
- Chris Miller, Executive Director (North East Texas Regional Mobility Authority)
- Pete Sepulveda, Executive Director (Cameron County Regional Mobility Authority)
- Kenneth Barr, Chairman, Board of Directors (North Texas Tollway Authority)
- Gary K. Trietsch, Executive Director (Harris County Toll Road Authority)
- James Bass, Executive Director (TxDOT)
- Brian Ragland, CFO (TxDOT)
The archived video of the portion of the hearing on toll road penalties can be viewed here, beginning at the 1:21:20 mark. The Committee will issue an interim report in advance of the upcoming 86th Legislative Session.